- Community Preservation Fund
- I/A OWTS Rebate Program
I/A OWTS Rebate Program
- Owners of property located in a Priority Area shown in Water Quality Improvement Project Plan. Check your property
- Owners replacing an existing sanitary system with an I/A system (exception for affordable housing program);
- Owners outside of a priority area who have a collapsing system may be eligible, please contact the office.
- Complete the application and W-9 form. Return it to the office via the mailing address or email address below
- Click here to download a Rebate application (PDF)
- Click here to download; W-9 (PDF) form
- If applying for the Low to Moderate Income Incentive, please include a copy of your most recent tax returns with your application.
Maximum rebate is $25,000.
Base Rebate of up to $20,000
Low to Moderate Income Incentive of an additional $5,000, if approved
The final rebate depends on your total eligible costs and other grants you may have received
4.What costs does my rebate cover?
Any costs directly associated with the upgrade of the system. For example, removal of the old system, design, labor and materials for new system, 3-year maintenance contract, and property restoration.
Expediting fees, landscaping fees not related to restoring your property to its earlier condition, costs covered by other grants (ie. from the State or the County), and other items up to the discretion of CPF.
Rebates are issued after the work is completed.
When the work is finished, submit the following as a complete packet to the Community Preservation Department:
- From Suffolk County: Inspector Certification Letter, Final Approval Letter and final survey with original “green stamp”, or Sanitary Replacement/Retrofit Acknowledgement where the system was replaced due to catastrophic failure;
- From the Town: Certificate of Electrical Compliance; Certificate of Wetlands compliance (if applicable);
- From your records: Copies of all invoices and proof of payment for eligible costs.
7.How long does it take to receive my rebate?
Approximately 6-8 weeks after submitting all of your paperwork.
Any technical questions related to I/A system installations should be directed to the Suffolk County Office of Wastewater Management at (631) 852-5700 or Septic Improvement Program - Reclaim Our Waters.
Please contact the Southampton Town Building Department for Electrical Permit questions only at (631) 631-702-1843
** Southampton Septic Rebate must be processed within 1 year of the County issuing their Final Green Stamped Plans **
The Community Preservation Office is located at:
24 West Montauk Hwy
Hampton Bays, NY 11946